Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 1

Okay, so here are a few pics to get things rolling! I adventured down the street (after locating toliet paper....:) and ran into a plaza. There are many of these in Italian cities. And what did I find? This beautiful carousel with lots of children!









This yellow colored building is our apartment house--we are on the fourth floor. It's very nice, and VERY Italianate! Weather is a bit gray and rainy, and it is kind of cold. Very different from the other trips to Italy I have made--was always very hot and humid, usually in the spring or summer:) Glad I brought sweaters! Anyway, there are tons of stores, restaurants, and things to see! Don't forget to look at my older posts from April on this blog---that's when I was in Venice! More soon! Ciao!




1 comment:

  1. so nice! when we were in florence a few weeks ago, there was "guerilla knitting" in that same piazza - knitted graffiti on the lamp-posts. i am going to put my photos up on facebook soon - maybe it was all taken down by now?
    michele m

    ReplyDelete